We at Elephant in the Room provide:
- Planning around independent living
- Living skills assessment
- Skill building
- Education and training in the management of personal finances
- Education regarding acquiring and maintaining tenancy
- Planning and preparation for employment
- Providing opportunities for social inclusion
Young people with a disability who are leaving the parental responsibility of the minister into independent living, are particularly vulnerable. EITR can assist the young person transitioning from out-of-home care by providing person centred, strengths based flexible support, using best practice approaches and processes.
These supports include innovative responses which may be associated with accommodation, education, employment support, living skills, support to build social networks, mentoring and assistance to connect with health and counselling services.